I found this recipe in a cook book by Sandra Lee from the Food Network. I made a dish of this and it was almost instantly inhaled by my DH and DS. Very yummy! At times I have topped this with a dollop of sour cream and fresh cilantro.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350.
- 2brown the meat breaking up all large crumbles.
- 3drain the fat from the meat.
- 4add the rotel and the salsa verde and stir well making sure everything is mixed.
- 5in a small bowl mix the cornbread mix and the cream corn just until moist and mixed.
- 6spoon the meat mixture into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 7top with the cornbread mixture, spreading it evenly over the meat.
- 8sprinkle the top with sliced black olives.
- 9bake for 40-50 minutes.
- 10during the last five minutes of cooking add the shredded cheese, and return to oven until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Tamale Pie
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.5
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 1515.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 27.4 g