Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in a cook book by Sandra Lee from the Food Network. I made a dish of this and it was almost instantly inhaled by my DH and DS. Very yummy! At times I have topped this with a dollop of sour cream and fresh cilantro.
- preheat oven to 350.
- brown the meat breaking up all large crumbles.
- drain the fat from the meat.
- add the rotel and the salsa verde and stir well making sure everything is mixed.
- in a small bowl mix the cornbread mix and the cream corn just until moist and mixed.
- spoon the meat mixture into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- top with the cornbread mixture, spreading it evenly over the meat.
- sprinkle the top with sliced black olives.
- bake for 40-50 minutes.
- during the last five minutes of cooking add the shredded cheese, and return to oven until cheese is melted.
Excellent! My DH loved this recipe. I did tweek it a little though. I added some chopped onion, a little cumin and some garlic powder to the meat while browning. I also threw in a small handful of cheese after adding in the rotel and salsa. This goes into my favorites cookbook!
AWESOME. My hubby devoured it!
this is really good i added some of the corn to the meat mixture and i actually made my own corn muffin recipe and put over it thanks for a great recipe. hubby went back for seconds lol