1/1 Photo of Yummy Enchiladas
I was trying to figure out a way to make enchiladas from scratch (without having to use sauce from a jar), that was both healthy and easy. I took a recipe that I found on here, and tweaked it to make it my own. My husband and kids loved this meal, and asked for it to be made more often. I hope you all enjoy this one as much as they did... The measurements are rough, so feel free to give and take where needed
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey (I'm sure any type of ground meat would be tasty)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese (you can always add more)
- organic black beans (optional)
- 1/2 cup organic frozen corn (optional)
- 4 -8 whole wheat tortillas (I use the Ezekiel brand of tortillas...super healthy and tasty!!)
For the Sauce
- 1Saute ground meat with onion and garlic (Begin work on the sauce).
- 2Over medium heat, melt butter, then add flour, stirring to combine (making a roue)
- 3Add milk, stirring quickly, until smooth (at this point, if it looks too runny, you can add more flour, and depending on how much sauce you want to have -- add more milk, too).
- 4Add Parmesan cheese, and stir until combined.
- 5Add Tomato Soup and salsa and stir together (should look kind of thick).
- 6Assemble enchiladas by first putting a layer of sauce down in an 8x8 or 9x13 glass dish (depending on how much you are making).
- 7Place a tortilla in the dish, and add meat mixture to the tortilla, with shredded cheese and roll.
- 8Continue until dish is full.
- 9Ladle sauce over the enchiladas, making sure to cover.
- 10Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top and put in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and heated all the way through.
- 11Other options -- Top with sour cream, and serve on a bed of lettuce.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.7
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 1265.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 37.0 g