Fresh, fresh, fresh!! Feel free to make this dish hotter by adding a seeded and finely chopped jalapeno chile pepper or a generous pinch of cayenne to the marinade in step 2. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, unpeeled
- 2 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- lime slice
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook until just opaque in the center, about 2 minutes; drain in a colander. Rinse the shrimp under cold running water; drain. Do not let the shrimp fully cook as the lime juice in the marinade will continue to "cook" it.
- Peel and devein the shrimp; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the tomatoes, onion, lime juice, cilantro or parsley, oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
- Place a romaine leaf on each of 4 plates. Top with onr-fourth of the shrimp mixture and the radishes. Serve with lime slices.