Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dinner makes 6 generous helpings which can be added to frozen vegetables for do-it-yourself TV dinners...6 points Flex, 1/2 pt Core
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, drained
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (fat free for Core, 2% for Flex)
- In a dutch oven, saute' meat in oil until no pink remains. Drain.
- Add beans, soup, tomatoes, chiles, rice, salsa and cumin.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour into containers and sprinkle with cheese.
Very tasty and easy to prepare. The flavor was just right. I am looking forward to the freezer portions. Thanks for the great recipe.
Sorry, but this was just ok. DH actually requested that I not make it again. It just seemed to be lacking something in flavor. Perhaps some chili powder and fresh cilantro would help.
This was excellent! I fixed this as a meal for my family and everyone loved it (even the 2 and 4 year old)! I didn't mix the brown rice in either. For leftovers, I shredded the chicken and wrapped it, the rice, and some refried beans into whole wheat tortilla's and served with salsa - DELICIOUS! Thanks for a great recipe I will be making again!