Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from the guy giving out free sample tastes at Sam's. It's very good, but it makes alot of chili (3 gal). It was easy to half though
- 8 lbs cubed lean pork
- 6 slices bacon
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 28 ounces green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 gallons chicken broth
- 4 ounces chopped jalapenos (hot)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Start chicken broth in a large pot, (to a slow simmer).
- Brown bacon, save grease (make a bacon sandwich).
- Brown cubed pork in bacon grease, add enough flour to absorb grease, and lightly brown flour.
- Add pork to simmering chicken broth, whisk vigorously (to avoid lumps).
- simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add rest of the ingredients,and simmer for another 45 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas.