Tacos filled with a delicious, rich "cheeze" made of cashews and cilantro, topped with crumbled nut "meat"! The cheeze keeps for 3-4 days in the fridge and the nut meat for up to a week. You may also scoop the cashew mixture on top of a salad, or serve as a dip with sliced carrots and cucumbers! The walnut mix is also good sprinkled over salad or soup! Great raw food! Adapted from Delicious Living magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, about 2 cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 1⁄4 cup filtered water
Ground Walnut Taco Meat
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid, aminos such as Bragg's Essential Amino Acids or 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch sea salt, to taste
- 8 small-to-medium romaine leaves
- 1⁄2 cup natural low-sodium salsa, any flavor
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- To make cheeze:
- Place garlic and salt in a food processor; process into small pieces. Add cashews and process into paste. Add lemon juice, cilantro, and water and process to mix well. Set aside.
- Makes 1 cup.
- To make meat:.
- Place walnuts, cumin, coriander, liquid aminos, and salt in a food processor. Process into small pieces until the mixture looks like ground meat. Be careful not to overprocess, it will turn into butter.
- Makes 1 cup.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons cashew mixture down the inside spine of each romaine leaf. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons walnut mixture. Add salsa and avocado slices. Wrap and serve. Enjoy!