1/1 Photo of Walnut Taco Wraps With Cashew Cheese
Tacos filled with a delicious, rich "cheeze" made of cashews and cilantro, topped with crumbled nut "meat"! The cheeze keeps for 3-4 days in the fridge and the nut meat for up to a week. You may also scoop the cashew mixture on top of a salad, or serve as a dip with sliced carrots and cucumbers! The walnut mix is also good sprinkled over salad or soup! Great raw food! Adapted from Delicious Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, about 2 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup filtered water
Ground Walnut Taco Meat
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid, aminos such as Bragg's Essential Amino Acids or 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch sea salt, to taste
- 8 small-to-medium romaine leaves
- 1/2 cup natural low-sodium salsa, any flavor
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1To make cheeze:
- 2Place garlic and salt in a food processor; process into small pieces. Add cashews and process into paste. Add lemon juice, cilantro, and water and process to mix well. Set aside.
- 3Makes 1 cup.
- 4To make meat:.
- 5Place walnuts, cumin, coriander, liquid aminos, and salt in a food processor. Process into small pieces until the mixture looks like ground meat. Be careful not to overprocess, it will turn into butter.
- 6Makes 1 cup.
- 7Scoop 2 tablespoons cashew mixture down the inside spine of each romaine leaf. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons walnut mixture. Add salsa and avocado slices. Wrap and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Taco Wraps With Cashew Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (5578 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.1
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 274.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: