1/2 Photos of Vincent's Shrimp Enchiladas
Seafood enchiladas with a chipotle cream sauce. This recipe comes from Vincent's on Camelback Restaurant. Corn Tortillas can be used instead of flour and heavy cream can be used instead of half and half.I've made a few changes and am posting for ZWT5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 ounces chevre cheese (goat cheese)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 shrimp (peeled-deveined-cut in 1/3s)
- 4 flour tortillas (8-inch size)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 avocado (peeled and sliced-optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped-optional)
- 1Saute onion in oil until translucent.
- 2Combine onion,cheese,half and half and salt and pepper in a small saucepan, cook over low heat 2 minutes.
- 3Saute shrimp in olive oil for 1 minute, spoon about 1/3 cup of shrimp and 1/4 of the previously prepared cream sauce in the middle of each tortilla. Fold tortillas to enclose the filling, secure with a wooden pick.
- 4Combine half and half and chopped chipotle in a small saucepan over med. heat, cook until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- 5Simmer the tortllas in chipotle cream for 5 minutes, remove picks place on individual serving plates garnished with remaining shrimp,chipotle cream, cilantro and avocado slices.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vincent's Shrimp Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.1
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 405.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo