Seafood enchiladas with a chipotle cream sauce. This recipe comes from Vincent's on Camelback Restaurant. Corn Tortillas can be used instead of flour and heavy cream can be used instead of half and half.I've made a few changes and am posting for ZWT5.
- 1⁄3 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 ounces chevre cheese (goat cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 shrimp (peeled-deveined-cut in 1/3s)
- 4 flour tortillas (8-inch size)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 avocado (peeled and sliced-optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (chopped-optional)
- Saute onion in oil until translucent.
- Combine onion,cheese,half and half and salt and pepper in a small saucepan, cook over low heat 2 minutes.
- Saute shrimp in olive oil for 1 minute, spoon about 1/3 cup of shrimp and 1/4 of the previously prepared cream sauce in the middle of each tortilla. Fold tortillas to enclose the filling, secure with a wooden pick.
- Combine half and half and chopped chipotle in a small saucepan over med. heat, cook until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- Simmer the tortllas in chipotle cream for 5 minutes, remove picks place on individual serving plates garnished with remaining shrimp,chipotle cream, cilantro and avocado slices.
Thanks BB and Vincent. These made a great dinner. I upped the chipotles to 2 tablespoons and Since DBF is not a fan of chevre, I subbed a combination of cream cheese and monterey jack resulting in extremely creamy enchiladas. I used 31 to 40 count and would recommend using a larger shrimp since I was not able to get 4- 1/3 cup portions or I would just use 2x as much smaller shrimp. Gracias BB, we really enjoyed these! Made for ZWT 5 by and Epicurean Queen!