1/2 Photos of Venison Fajitas
2 hrs 10 mins
Aunt Paula's Note:
I found this recipe in an old issue of TOH magazine, and since I have a freezer full of venison, thought I would give it a try. It was a huge hit with the whole family! You can add all kinds of yummy stuff to this. The original poster was Daniell Rissinger. The prep time includes the time for marinading.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs venison steak or 1 1/2 lbs elk steaks, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- 1In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add meat.
- 2Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- 3In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until.
- 4crisp-tender; remove and set aside.
- 5Heat remaining oil; stir-fry meat for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 6Return vegetables to pan; heat through.
- 7Spoon over tortillas, top with cheese, sour cream, and salsa, fold in sides.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venison Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.8
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 214.0 mg
- Sodium 1218.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 59.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: