1/4 Photos of Veggie Bean Wrap
Sydney Mike's Note:
Although slightly tweaked, the original recipe for this wrap was found in the 2004 Healthy Latino Recipes Made with Love.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, low sodium, drained, rinsed
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, diced (optional)
- 4 (10 inch) fat free tortillas
- 1In a nonstick pan over medium heat, saute bell peppers & onion for 5 minutes, then add beans & stir well.
- 2Reduce heat to low & simmer about 5 minutes.
- 3In a small bowl, combine mangoes, lime juice, cilantro (& avocado, if using), then divide the mixture & set aside half of it to use as a topping.
- 4Fill tortillas with 1/4 of the bean mixture & 1/4 of the mango mixture, then fold ends of tortillas over & roll each of them up to make a wrap.
- 5Put each warp on a serving plate & top with remaining mango mixture.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Bean Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.8
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free tortillas