Although slightly tweaked, the original recipe for this wrap was found in the 2004 Healthy Latino Recipes Made with Love.
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, low sodium, drained, rinsed
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, diced (optional)
- 4 (10 inch) fat free tortillas
- In a nonstick pan over medium heat, saute bell peppers & onion for 5 minutes, then add beans & stir well.
- Reduce heat to low & simmer about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mangoes, lime juice, cilantro (& avocado, if using), then divide the mixture & set aside half of it to use as a topping.
- Fill tortillas with 1/4 of the bean mixture & 1/4 of the mango mixture, then fold ends of tortillas over & roll each of them up to make a wrap.
- Put each warp on a serving plate & top with remaining mango mixture.