Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Although slightly tweaked, the original recipe for this wrap was found in the 2004 Healthy Latino Recipes Made with Love.
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, low sodium, drained, rinsed
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, diced (optional)
- 4 (10 inch) fat free tortillas
- In a nonstick pan over medium heat, saute bell peppers & onion for 5 minutes, then add beans & stir well.
- Reduce heat to low & simmer about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mangoes, lime juice, cilantro (& avocado, if using), then divide the mixture & set aside half of it to use as a topping.
- Fill tortillas with 1/4 of the bean mixture & 1/4 of the mango mixture, then fold ends of tortillas over & roll each of them up to make a wrap.
- Put each warp on a serving plate & top with remaining mango mixture.
This was very good! I scaled the recipe down for one, used a multi grain wrap. Delish with the mango! Thanks Syd!
My husband and I loved this wrap! I wasn't sure how I would like the avocado and the mango together in the salsa but it was surprisingly good. The creaminess of the avocado really enhanced the whole recipe. This is a quick, healthy and delicious recipe. I will definitely make it again. Thanks for posting Syd!
This recipe made it into our Book #242923! 08/03/09 - Man oh man yummy heaven! We used 1 whole orange bell pepper, 10" flour tortillas, added about 1 Tbsp chopped jalapenos, and left out the avocado for personal preference (I loathe avocados, but definitely wanted some wraps, lol). We also spread some Smoky Chipotle Orange Dip on the tortilla before adding this recipe's ingredients. These two recipes are wonderful by themselves, but are extrodinary together. One note, there was twice as much bean mixture as was mango mixture (the mango is also worth mentioning as it's wonderful in this recipe and brings all the great flavors together!), so we would suggest doubling the mango mixture. A definitely will make again, keeper recipe. Thanks for sharing it. :)