Lazy Chef 2's Note:
I wanted a salad like this but couldn't really find anything that fit the bill and decided to create one...this is it! The kids eat it like crazy! A really good taco pasta salad without meat...you could add it if you wanted to...but why when this is sooo tasty!! Please note that this salad gets better if made the day or even two before. If you don't like spicy you can use regular taco seasoning instead of the hot and spicy, and leave out the jalapenos. Not really sure how long to make this so it's a guess but that doesn't include the chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package radiatore, cooked and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle ranch dressing
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope of hot and spicy taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing (I use Paul Newmans Own Family)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- dried chipotle powder
- 2 (15 ounce) black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) dark red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) corn (drained)
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- Mexican blend cheese (I use sargentos)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with jalapenos (drained and squeezed)
- black olives (optional. amount according to taste) (optional)
- 1Placed cooked radiatore in large bowl and add black beans, kidney beans, corn, green onions, red bell pepper, garlic and red onion, tomatoes, Black olives if your using them.
- 3in a bowl mix the ranch dressing, taco seasoning mix, Italian, jalapenos. Mix thourghly. I sprinkle the chipotle seasoning to taste.
- 4pour sauce over the pasta bowl, add the cheese to your liking and stir till well coated.
- 5Chill for 1 hour -- although this is better the more it ages so can be made a day or two ahead.
- 6Note: You will probably have more dressing than you need, I used it as a dip with chips and cheese -- Yummy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Taco Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.6
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 756.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 19.8 g