Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I wanted a salad like this but couldn't really find anything that fit the bill and decided to create one...this is it! The kids eat it like crazy! A really good taco pasta salad without meat...you could add it if you wanted to...but why when this is sooo tasty!! Please note that this salad gets better if made the day or even two before. If you don't like spicy you can use regular taco seasoning instead of the hot and spicy, and leave out the jalapenos. Not really sure how long to make this so it's a guess but that doesn't include the chilling time.
- 1 (18 ounce) package radiatore, cooked and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle ranch dressing
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopeof hot and spicy taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing (I use Paul Newmans Own Family)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- dried chipotle powder
- 2 (15 ounce) black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) dark red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) corn (drained)
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1⁄4 red onion, chopped
- Mexican blend cheese (I use sargentos)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with jalapenos (drained and squeezed)
- black olives (optional. amount according to taste) (optional)
- Placed cooked radiatore in large bowl and add black beans, kidney beans, corn, green onions, red bell pepper, garlic and red onion, tomatoes, Black olives if your using them.
- in a bowl mix the ranch dressing, taco seasoning mix, Italian, jalapenos. Mix thourghly. I sprinkle the chipotle seasoning to taste.
- pour sauce over the pasta bowl, add the cheese to your liking and stir till well coated.
- Chill for 1 hour -- although this is better the more it ages so can be made a day or two ahead.
- Note: You will probably have more dressing than you need, I used it as a dip with chips and cheese -- Yummy!
Great recipe, lot's of flavor! I never measure but this recipe is fool proof for sure. I didnt' have any kidney beans, so I used chick peas & I left out the peppers & tomatoes. Just the taco/chili seasoning mixed with the ranch & italian dressing is delicious!! OH and I also crunched up Tortilla chips on top right before serving. WONDERFUL IDEA!!! A+ MARCH 2013- Just wanted to give u an update, I have a friend who now makes this for every party. I had totally forgotten about the Italian dressing and can't wait to make it again with it added. Also, I now add a sharp cheddar and some smoked turkey. (obviously this makes it not vegetarian) Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I still enjoy this very much :)
This is fantastic. It been made to take along to a potluck and I'm sure it'll be devoured (had to try just a bite). Made for Jammin' Java Jivers ZWT5 Zingo.
This really looked good, so I was looking forward to trying it and was glad I did. I cut this recipe in half, used a mild taco seasoning (was what I had), the recommended brand of Italian dressing (after draining off a lot of the fat, but leaving the taste - yum), a low fat ranch dressing, and a low fat Mexican cheese mix. Instead of black beans I used garbanzos. This was very tasty, a nice mix of sweet and spicy (I used the chipotle powder and added more cumin to compensate for the mild taco seasoning). I'm looking forward to trying the leftovers for lunch today at work! Thanks!