I swiched around ingredients from several recipes to come up with this version of a vegetarian taco soup. I like black beans best, but you can throw in whatever you like. This is my fall - back recipe when I need something qick and easy - yet good enough for company. Dress the finished soup however you like - sour cream, cheddar cheese, or crushed tortilla chips go great with it - but on its own this soup is filling and nutritios and very low fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained or 6 cups cooked black beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Pace Picante Sauce, I use medium
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- 2Add next seven ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3Serve with your favorite toppings or by itself with crusty bread and a salad for an easy filling vegetarian meal!
- 4This can also be thrown into a crockpot in the morning and cooked for 7 to 10 hours.
- 5Leftovers freeze well and are great for lunches.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Black Bean Taco Soup
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.6
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 654.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix