Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I swiched around ingredients from several recipes to come up with this version of a vegetarian taco soup. I like black beans best, but you can throw in whatever you like. This is my fall - back recipe when I need something qick and easy - yet good enough for company. Dress the finished soup however you like - sour cream, cheddar cheese, or crushed tortilla chips go great with it - but on its own this soup is filling and nutritios and very low fat.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained or 6 cups cooked black beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Pace Picante Sauce, I use medium
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add next seven ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings or by itself with crusty bread and a salad for an easy filling vegetarian meal!
- This can also be thrown into a crockpot in the morning and cooked for 7 to 10 hours.
- Leftovers freeze well and are great for lunches.