1/4 Photos of Vegetable Chicken Enchiladas
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found in the 2004 Healthy Latino Recipes Made with Love. It makes an enchilada filled not with canned veggies but with fresh ones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, then spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Also lightly spray a 13"x9" baking pan.
- 2In the skillet over medium heat, saute onion for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add bell pepper & zucchini & cook for 5 minutes more, then stir in chicken & set aside.
- 4In a small bowl, combine enchilada sauce & tomato sauce, then add just 1/2 cup of this sauce to the veggie/chicken mixture & set aside the rest of the sauce for topping.
- 5Soften tortillas on the stovetop or in the microwave oven.
- 6Place equal amounts of veggie/chicken mixture (about a rounded 1/4 cup) in center of each tortilla, then roll up & place seam side down in the prepared baking pan.
- 7Pour the rest of the sauce over the top of the tortillas & cover loosely with foil.
- 8Bake 20-25 minutes, then uncover & sprinkle cheese over the top & bake another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.0
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 1149.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: