This recipe was found in the 2004 Healthy Latino Recipes Made with Love. It makes an enchilada filled not with canned veggies but with fresh ones.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, then spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Also lightly spray a 13"x9" baking pan.
- In the skillet over medium heat, saute onion for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell pepper & zucchini & cook for 5 minutes more, then stir in chicken & set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine enchilada sauce & tomato sauce, then add just 1/2 cup of this sauce to the veggie/chicken mixture & set aside the rest of the sauce for topping.
- Soften tortillas on the stovetop or in the microwave oven.
- Place equal amounts of veggie/chicken mixture (about a rounded 1/4 cup) in center of each tortilla, then roll up & place seam side down in the prepared baking pan.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the top of the tortillas & cover loosely with foil.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, then uncover & sprinkle cheese over the top & bake another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.