Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
The Fajitas have an authentic Mexican flavor, and are so delicious paired with this guacamole and other toppings of your choice.My family and friends LOVE these. Hope you will too!
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 limes, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 lbs skirt steaks or 2 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks, fat trimmed
- 2 small ripe Hass avocadoes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 red onions or 1⁄4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- lime juice
- olive oil
- 12 flour tortillas, warmed
- Mexican blend cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- tomatoes, diced (optional)
- Mojo Marinade: In an immersion blender, add first 8 ingredients and puree the marinade. Transfer to a re-sealable plastic bag and add steak. Seal and shake to coat. Refrigerate the beef for 2 to 4 hours, but no more than 4 hours.
- To cook: Preheat a rigged grill or (for better flavor) your outdoor grill on high heat.Lightly drain marinade from beef and Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Lightly oil grill and grill each steak 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to cutting board and let rest. May need to cook in batches.
- While meat is resting preheat large skillet on med-high heat, add olive, onion, peppers and lime juice and toss to coat. Cook until peppers and onions are just limp.
- Guacamole: Scoop avocados in med size bowl and squeeze lemon juice over avocados immediately, then smash.Add jalapeno, and onion. Sprinkle garlic with coarse salt and smash with the side of your knife blade, add to avocado mixture. Mix well.
- Then slice steak against the grain on a diagonal.
- To assemble: spread some guacamole on a tortilla, top with a few slices of steak, peppers and onions, and if desired tomato, cheese and sour cream. Roll to enclose filling.
Love this recipe tyler