2 hrs 20 mins
The Fajitas have an authentic Mexican flavor, and are so delicious paired with this guacamole and other toppings of your choice.My family and friends LOVE these. Hope you will too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 limes, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 lbs skirt steaks or 2 1/4 lbs flank steaks, fat trimmed
- 2 small ripe Hass avocadoes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 red onions or 1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1Mojo Marinade: In an immersion blender, add first 8 ingredients and puree the marinade. Transfer to a re-sealable plastic bag and add steak. Seal and shake to coat. Refrigerate the beef for 2 to 4 hours, but no more than 4 hours.
- 2To cook: Preheat a rigged grill or (for better flavor) your outdoor grill on high heat.Lightly drain marinade from beef and Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Lightly oil grill and grill each steak 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to cutting board and let rest. May need to cook in batches.
- 3While meat is resting preheat large skillet on med-high heat, add olive, onion, peppers and lime juice and toss to coat. Cook until peppers and onions are just limp.
- 4Guacamole: Scoop avocados in med size bowl and squeeze lemon juice over avocados immediately, then smash.Add jalapeno, and onion. Sprinkle garlic with coarse salt and smash with the side of your knife blade, add to avocado mixture. Mix well.
- 5Then slice steak against the grain on a diagonal.
- 6To assemble: spread some guacamole on a tortilla, top with a few slices of steak, peppers and onions, and if desired tomato, cheese and sour cream. Roll to enclose filling.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tyler Florence's Ultimate Fajitas With Rachael Ray's Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.4
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 891.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 43.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo