1/1 Photo of Twig's Taco Pizza
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I miss living where Pizza Hut has a taco pizza. I had a craving and went looking for a recipe. I didn't find one so I whipped this up. It's close to PH but they don't use taco seasoning in their beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare your favorite pizza dough and roll it out onto a 14 inch pizza pan. (I use a thick and chewy type dough so your cooking time may vary if you choose a thin crust or a pan crust).
- 2Brown 1 lb of ground beef with one package of taco seasoning mix. (I don't add the water the mix calls for.) Drain ground beef and set aside to cool.
- 3Warm up the refried beans in the same pan you used to cook the ground beef just enough to make the beans spreadable.
- 4Spread the beans on the pizza dough evenly. Top with the ground beef. Sprinkle about 1/3 of the cheese over beef and beans.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until dough is golden and the toppings are hot.
- 6Immediately cut the pizza into slices, leaving the slices in the pan.
- 7Spread the lettuce over the top, sprinkle with tomatoes, onions, and the rest of the cheese. (I used about 3/4 of a head of lettuce, 3/4 of a tomato, and an entire small onion -- but you could use 1/3 that and still have a hearty pizza.).
- 8Serve with taco sauce & sour cream if you like.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twig's Taco Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 719.5
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 175.4 mg
- Sodium 969.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 50.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: