The Kreator's Note:
An excellent Mexican tradition, excellent for groups, or even just for two. The best way to cook the beef is with a standard charcoal grill, but gas works too. Prep and Cook time vary, but usually you can start the charcoal at the beginning of prep and it will be hot by the time you're ready. TIP: Have the butcher thin slice the roast for you if not already thin sliced, it's much easier and saves a lot of prep time. In place of the spices listed, you may also use Carne Asada Seasoning, or even Season Salt like Johnny's or Lowery's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, separate slices of beef and mix with half cup of lime juice until coated evenly.
- 2Combine paprika, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Generously sprinkle on both sides of the sliced beef.
- 3Chop cilantro, reserving half. Sprinkle cilantro between slices of beef. Cover beef and allow to rest in the refrigerator while preparing salsa.
- 4Combine diced tomatoes, diced jalapeños, diced onions, remaining cilantro and 1/4 cup lime juice. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 5When the grill is nice and hot, use a meat fork pushed into a half of an onion to wipe down the grill surface.
- 6Evenly spread out the sliced beef over the surface of the grill. With long metal tongs, carefully watch the beef and turn it as needed to cook evenly. Carefully test the meat for doneness by tearing the meat. When it pulls apart easily, it's done.
- 7Heat a some corn tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds between moistened paper towel or lightly steam on the stove.
- 8Pull cooked beef into strips and lay in the middle of a tortilla, add a spoonful of salsa mixture, and a bit of fresh lime juice. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Mexican Carne Asada With Fresh Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (2819 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.9 mg
- Sodium 751.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 14.7 g