Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from Vaught's Cooking (my mom's church cookbook). Easy, simple and very good!
Make and share this Tortilla Roll-Ups recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef with onion in skillet and drain.
- Stir in cottage cheese and flour.
- Mix oregano, basil, garlic powder and sauce together.
- Stir 1/2 c sauce mixture into hamburger mixture.
- Spoon about 1/2 c meat mixture onto each tortilla.
- Roll up jelly roll style, place seam down in a well-greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas.
- Bake, covered for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover, sprinkle with mozzarella, bake 3 minutes.
This was ok. It didn't come out of the pan very well.
Wow, wow, wow! I stumbled upon this by accident-I wish it had been named "italian enchiladas" or something because I would've found it a whole lot sooner! This was so yummy & easy to put together. To make it healthier, I used 1/2 lb lean ground turkey (cut the recipe in half first), 3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese, whole wheat tortillas, part skim mozz cheese & a sugar free spaghetti sauce. Since i used a garlic/herb sauce, I only put in 1/4 tsp oregano & basil, then 1/8 tsp garlic powder. Oh, I also left out the flour. So wonderful & delicious. Thank you so much for sharing!
I have been making this recipe for many years only I've been using 1 1/2 pounds of Italian sausage. I will have to try it with the ground beef sometime! This is delicious!