Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from Vaught's Cooking (my mom's church cookbook). Easy, simple and very good!
Make and share this Tortilla Roll-Ups recipe from Food.com.
- Brown ground beef with onion in skillet and drain.
- Stir in cottage cheese and flour.
- Mix oregano, basil, garlic powder and sauce together.
- Stir 1/2 c sauce mixture into hamburger mixture.
- Spoon about 1/2 c meat mixture onto each tortilla.
- Roll up jelly roll style, place seam down in a well-greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas.
- Bake, covered for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover, sprinkle with mozzarella, bake 3 minutes.
This was ok. It didn't come out of the pan very well.
Wow, wow, wow! I stumbled upon this by accident-I wish it had been named "italian enchiladas" or something because I would've found it a whole lot sooner! This was so yummy & easy to put together. To make it healthier, I used 1/2 lb lean ground turkey (cut the recipe in half first), 3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese, whole wheat tortillas, part skim mozz cheese & a sugar free spaghetti sauce. Since i used a garlic/herb sauce, I only put in 1/4 tsp oregano & basil, then 1/8 tsp garlic powder. Oh, I also left out the flour. So wonderful & delicious. Thank you so much for sharing!
I have been making this recipe for many years only I've been using 1 1/2 pounds of Italian sausage. I will have to try it with the ground beef sometime! This is delicious!