Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tossed this together to serve with dinner, the Mexican flavors were a hit with me so I thought I would post it to see if others agree. Prep time includes all the chopping. Makes 6 side servings or 2 entree sized portions.
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped, red or yellow
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, crumbled or grated
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 3⁄4 cup tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- After all the veggies are chopped to be about the same size pieces place them all in a large bowl(one with a lid is best). Add the cheese and chips. Top with the seasoning and dressing.
- Cover and shake the salad until everything is evenly coated. (If you don't have a large enough bowl with a lid just stir everything.).
This is really a yummy salad. I used red peppers and added seeded, chopped cucumbers. I didn't have any ranch so I mixed 3 TBLS italian salad dressing, 2 TBLS each mayo & sour cream and thinned a bit with milk. Didn't have taco seasoning so used 3 TSPS each cumin and chili powder. It would have been easier if I didn't have to substitute and will buy both ranch & taco seasoning to have on hand for this salad.
We definitely enjoyed this salad and will make it again. I added baby plum tomatoes, a red bell pepper and cooked chicken to make a meal out of it. Next time, I would mix the taco seasoning and ranch dressing earlier to let the flavours blend and mellow a bit as I personally found the taco spice a little too strong. This would also be great with coriander/ cilantro as another reviewer recommended!
This was a yummy salad. I loved everything about it. Thanks for sharing. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag.