1/3 Photos of Tortilla Pie
Jim C.'s Note:
An easy and delicious version of the classic "Mexican lasagna." For an extra flourish, alternate spinach tortillas with plain flour or multigrain ones. If you don't like spicy hot food, substitute a can of chopped green chilis for the sliced jalapeños. I like to use a hot chipotle salsa, but a mild one is fine. For a lighter version, use lowfat cheeses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine beans, salsa, rice, and salt and heat through.
- 3In another saucepan, thaw the frozen vegetables.
- 4Add the goat cheese, cream cheese, and jalapeños to the vegetables and heat through.
- 5Spray a Dutch oven or deep baking dish with oil spray.
- 6Place one tortilla flat in bottom of baking dish, cover with 1/3 of the bean mixture, and top with 1/4 of the grated cheese.
- 7Place another tortilla on top and cover with 1/3 of the spinach mixture.
- 8Repeat, alternating fillings, until you have six layers. Top with the seventh tortilla.
- 9Pour sauce over all and top with the remaining grated cheese.
- 10Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- 11Remove cover and broil until cheese begins to brown.
- 12Remove from oven; for best results, let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Pie
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 960.0
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Sodium 2758.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 37.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: