An easy and delicious version of the classic "Mexican lasagna." For an extra flourish, alternate spinach tortillas with plain flour or multigrain ones. If you don't like spicy hot food, substitute a can of chopped green chilis for the sliced jalapeños. I like to use a hot chipotle salsa, but a mild one is fine. For a lighter version, use lowfat cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small saucepan, combine beans, salsa, rice, and salt and heat through.
- In another saucepan, thaw the frozen vegetables.
- Add the goat cheese, cream cheese, and jalapeños to the vegetables and heat through.
- Spray a Dutch oven or deep baking dish with oil spray.
- Place one tortilla flat in bottom of baking dish, cover with 1/3 of the bean mixture, and top with 1/4 of the grated cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top and cover with 1/3 of the spinach mixture.
- Repeat, alternating fillings, until you have six layers. Top with the seventh tortilla.
- Pour sauce over all and top with the remaining grated cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and broil until cheese begins to brown.
- Remove from oven; for best results, let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.