Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can use your own favorite guac recipe for this special appy!
Make and share this Tomatoes Stuffed With Guacamole - Tomates Rellenos De Guacamole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 medium tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 -3 avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 1 teaspoon fresh limes or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- lettuce leaf (to garnish) (optional)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup diced tomato
- Cut a slice off the top of the tomatoes and scoop out the insides to leave a thick shell.
- Sprinkle the inside with a little salt and allow to drain upside down for 15 minutes.
- Mix together the avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, diced tomatoes, optional jalapeno (although I would NOT recommend leaving it out!), salt, and pepper and stuff the tomatoes with the mixture.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature on a bed of lettuce leaves if desired.
Easy to make and very tasty. I didnt have any jalepeno pepper and it was still great!!!
This is a great recipe! I used hollowed out cherry tomatoes to make bite-sized appetizers....they looked cute. I did use jalepeno, but only 1, since I made them for a family picnic and didn't want to make them too hot. Thanx for sharing this one!