1/2 Photos of Tomatillo Salsa Fresca
A fresh tomatillo salsa that is very easy to make using a blender. I dislike cooked tomatillos for two reasons: they lose their lovely green color and the texture to me is unsatisfactory. The beauty of tomatillo salsa is that it's cheap to prepare and it freezes well. Adapted from 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb tomatillo (approximately 10-12 medium tomatillos)
- 1/3 cup white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf, lightly packed (NOT dried)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (for extra "kick", I use serrano and jalapeno, but any green chili pepper will do)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1First prepare the tomatillos. Remove papery husks and then rinse tomatillos under warm running water, using your fingers to remove the sticky residue. Remove stems.
- 2Chops into quarters.
- 3Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- 4Blend either coarse or smooth, depending on your preference.
- 5Transfer tomatillo salsa to covered container and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Good with tortilla chips, enchiladas, tacos, etc.
- 6I always triple the recipe and freeze in 8 ounce containers.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatillo Salsa Fresca
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 395.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g