1/1 Photo of Tink's Spicy Beef & Black Bean Tacos
Getting ready for two weeks of family staying with us I wanted to clean out the fridge to make room for the new ingredients I would be buying. We'd only just had tacos but still had taco stuff to use up so I added the last chipotle pepper & a can of black beans to make tonight's tacos seem different & instead of "Clean out the fridge night, Huh?" I got, "Wow! These are awesome!" I don't want to forget what I did because this flavor blows any taco seasoning or drive through flavors right out of the water. Feel free to substitute ground turkey for the beef and top the tacos with any additional toppings you like or have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 head purple cabbage, shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced into 1/4 sections on the diagonal
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 6 -8 flour tortillas (I like tomato & basil flavored)
- sour cream (optional)
- cheese, shredded (I used Mexican 4-cheese blend)
- 1In large bowl, toss together lettuce, carrots, cabbage & green onions. Set aside.
- 2Brown beef in skillet until almost no pink remains, drain (if needed).
- 3Add garlic, onion & chipotle chili. Cook & stir until no pink remains in beef.
- 4Add tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt & black beans. Stir to combine & simmer until heated through.
- 5Warm the tortillas between paper towels or in tortilla warmer in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- 6Top tortillas with sour cream, salad mixture, cheese, beef & bean mixture; fold & enjoy!
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tink's Spicy Beef & Black Bean Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.6
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1298.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo