1/1 Photo of Tinga
1 hr 15 mins
The heat can be adjusted to your own taste by adding or cutting down on the chipotle peppers. It works well for a buffet, and is even more flavorful the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the chicken into a large pot with 1/4 c sliced onion, garlic and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, about 25 minutes.
- 2Remove chicken, cool, and shred meat. If using bone-in chicken, discard skin and bones.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add remaining onion slices, and fry until transparent.
- 4If using fresh tomatoes, place them in a pan of boiling water (can use water used to boil chicken) and boil until they split open.
- 5Place the tomatoes, chipotle peppers (use 3-4 for a little heat, up to the whole can according to your taste), and boullion into a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- 6Pour into a large pan and add the shredded chicken and cooked onions. Heat through.
- 7To serve, spread a layer of sour cream on a tostada, top with the chicken and shredded lettuce.
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tinga
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 119.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo