1/7 Photos of Thom's Chicken Enchiladas
1 hr 5 mins
Got this recipe from a friend. They are really good. A nice variation on the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers (you can use a can or jalapeno's instead)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1Oven = 350 degrees.
- 2For sauce:.
- 3in a saucepan cook onion, garlic, coriander, and pepper in butter till onion is tender.
- 4Stir flour into sour cream; add to onion mixture.
- 5Stir in broth and chili peppers all at once.
- 6Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly – your house should smell awesome now.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in ½ cup of the cheese.
- 8For the filling:.
- 9stir ½ cup of the sauce into chicken.
- 10Place about ¼ cup filling atop each tortilla; roll up. Arrange rolls, seam side down, in a lightly greased 12x7½x2-inch baking dish. Or you can layer it like a casserole of course.
- 11Top with remaining sauce.
- 12Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven about 35 minutes or till heated through.
- 13Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 14Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or till cheese melts. Sprinkle with olives, tomatoes, and green onions. Let stand 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thom's Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 959.0
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 1618.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 49.1 g