Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Daddy's fajitas. Great for a spontaneous fiesta or even a quick weeknight meal. These fajitas can go from the fridge to the table in 20 minutes. Or even packed in a cooler for camping!
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 (12 ounce) mexican beer (such as Corona)
- 2 lbs skirt steaks, trimmed of ALL fat
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, with juice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (optional)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy duty sealable freezer bag and freeze. (Or store in the refrigerator overnight).
- When desired, remove from freezer and thaw in the fridge or a sink full of cold water.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes or until medium (pink in the center).
- Cut fajitas AGAINST THE GRAIN and serve with warmed tortillas, shredded cheese, lettuce, pico de gallo (#159078), sour cream, guacamole or your favorite toppings.
- To cut fajitas against the grain, lay out on cutting board horizontally. The grain is running vertically. Cut the steak vertically into managable sized slabs and then slice horizontally (opposite the grain). The fajitas will be tender and soft.
The beef was so tuff and unflavored and bland how can you add hot spices and still have a bland dish? My kids refused to eat it.
Delicious! And so easy - I used the jalapenos, but skipped the onions. Like JillAZ, I also used as an OAMC recipe. I'm going to be making this often.
Forgot to rate this! I made this in my last oamc plan. Very tasty fajitas and work great to freeze in the marinade ahead of time. This has been added to my regular rotation. Yum!