4 hrs 15 mins
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
It doesn't get an easier than this. I keep all these ingredients on hand. That way when I don't have anything to cook or we want a good satisfying meal, I can throw this together in the crock pot. This soup is so hearty, you can literally stand a spoon in it. Family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (24 ounce) bag frozen grilled cooked chicken strips
- 1 (20 ounce) can mild red enchilada sauce
- 10 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Mexican)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf (dried)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1You can find the grilled chicken strips in the Freezer section of your grocery store.
- 2When ready to put this soup together. Microwave Frozen chicken strips for 4 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile pour all canned ingredients into crock pot along with seasonings. Pour in canned corn. Cut chicken strips in chunks and add to mixture.
- 4Cover and cook for 3-4 hours (I use 4 hr setting on my crock pot).
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex Mex Soup
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 1699.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 33.4 g