Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This marinade has a little kick to it. It's best if used to marinate overnight. I slow cook chicken in a crock pot in marinate for 8 hours and then add to red chili. I won a chili cook off using this recipe.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Let the mixture sit, preferably overnight, but at least for 2 to 3 hours.
- Shake the mixture well, then reserve 1/2 cup to use as a baste.
- Marinate white meats such as chicken or pork for up to 2 hours. Fish and shellfish should marinate for 45 minutes. Shake the food often while it marinates.
- When grilling marinated food, use reserved marinade as a baste during the second half of cooking.
- Discard used marinade when you start cooking.