2 hrs 20 mins
Taquito recipe off the net in response to a duscussion forum request
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To cook meat the mexican way: purchase a small chuck roast or similar cut of meat.
- 2Put in dutch over and add barely enough water to cover.
- 3Add one half of onion (not need to chop) and some black peppercorns to taste.
- 4Cook for approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- 6Shred meat with 2 forks.
- 7Heat oil in frying pan to 350 degrees f.
- 8Place corn tortillas with tongs into hot oil long enough to just coat with oil and drain on paper towels.
- 9Place a couple shreds of meat in the tortilla.
- 10Roll up like a cigar and using tongs, lower the tortilla into the oil- gently letting go of the tortilla, fry until crisp.
- 11Line a serving platter with shredded lettuce and tomatoes and put taquitos on top with cheese and salsa.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taquitos
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.0 g