Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Makes tamale like muffins using fresh or frozen corn and without the corn husks
Make and share this Tamale Cornbread Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 -20 cilantro stems, fresh
- 1 hot pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Add oil to frying pan, on medium heat brown corn until fairly caramelized, will start to make popping sound when done. This browning adds a lot of the flavor.
- Add browned corn, garlic cloves, hot peppers (or hot sauce), cilantro, and salt to food processor and blend until all ingredients are mixed.
- Add above mix to a glass bowl, add egg, flour, corn meal, baking powder and mix well with spoon. If necessary add milk to thin. Mixture should be able to hold its shape on a spoon but thin enough to pat down into muffin tin.
- Spray muffin tin with PAM, spoon in mixture to fill each muffin to 90% full. Put in 375°F oven for 20 minutes, or until tops start to brown slightly.