1/2 Photos of Tacos: for Vegetarians and Non-Vegetarians
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This is the way I prepare tacos when cooking for my meat eating DH and my vegetarian DD. Sometimes this is served with taco shells and sometimes with flour tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef (omit if serving vegetarians only)
- 1 (30 g) package taco seasoning mix, plus 1 cup water (omit if serving vegetarians only.)
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans (vegetarian)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups head lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into slivers (optional)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 medium cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream (optional)
- 15 -20 taco shells, warmed
- 1Brown ground beef in skillet and drain.
- 2Stir in taco seasoning mix and 1 cup water.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4While beef mixture is simmering, combine 1/4 cup of salsa into the refried beans (may skip this step if you prefer).
- 5Heat beans in small saucepan.
- 6Arrange beef, beans and remaining ingredients in serving dishes and platters.
- 7Allow diners to assemble tacos as desired.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tacos: for Vegetarians and Non-Vegetarians
Serving Size: 1 (2125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.3 mg
- Sodium 333.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 10.7 g