1/2 Photos of Tacos Al Pastor
Believe it or not, I am posting yet another pastor recipe! I love this stuff! Never, ever, forget the extra grilled pineapple, it makes them something special. The meat needs to marinate from 4 hours up to 1 day. From Bon Appetit May 2008. Cook's tip: To make your own guajillo chile powder, finely grind about 6 large dried seeded guajillo chiles in a spice mill to yield about 1/4 cup powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large white onion, halved
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup guajillo chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (preferably Mexican)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 small chipotle chiles or 1 large chipotle chile
- 1 -2 teaspoon adobo sauce, from canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 3/4 lbs boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- corn tortilla
- 1Coarsely chop 1 onion half. Coarsely chop 2 pineapple rounds, discarding core; cover and chill remaining pineapple. Place chopped onion and chopped pineapple in blender. Add orange juice and next 7 ingredients; puree marinade until smooth. Place pork in large resealable plastic bag. Add marinade and seal bag, releasing excess air. Turn to coat. Chill at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
- 2Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill remaining pineapple until warm and slightly charred, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Grill pork with some marinade still clinging until slightly charred and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer pineapple and pork to work surface; chop pineapple into 1/2-inch cubes, discarding cores. Chop pork. Transfer to platter; toss to combine.
- 3Meanwhile, finely chop remaining onion half and place in medium bowl. Add cilantro; toss to combine. Grill tortillas until warm and slightly charred, about 10 seconds per side.
- 4Serve pork-pineapple mixture with onion-cilantro relish, Salsa, and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tacos Al Pastor
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.5
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 130.9 mg
- Sodium 742.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 42.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: