Carol in Oregon 2's Note:
This recipe was sent to me by my cousin. If you like tacos, you'll like this soup. The recipe makes a lot; so don't double the recipe unless you want to eat it for days, but it does freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, drained & halved
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 7 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning (I use Taco Bell)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fritos corn chips
- grated cheddar cheese or four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1Brown the ground beef in a large stock pot, drain and return to pan.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients and heat all together.
- 3Serve in bowls over Fritos corn chips.
- 4Garnish with grated cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Soup
Serving Size: 1 (670 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.1
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 2215.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: