Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is great for big get togethers or for potlucks. Also you can substitute lean ground turkey instead of beef for a healthier dish.
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing (16 - 18 fl.oz.)
- 1 bunch green onion (scallions)
- 1 -2 big tomatoes or 1 (8 ounce) package cherry tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) bagnacho cheese plain Doritos
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives (regular size)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- Brown the ground beef or turkey, drain.
- Add taco seasoning as package instructs.
- While the meat is browning clean and tear up the leaves of the head of lettuce and add it to the bowl the taco salad will be served inches.
- Add the bag of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Slice black olives into halves or thirds depending on how you prefer them (or if you have some one who wants to pick them out) then and add them to the bowl.
- Cut up the tomato in to quarters and then halve them and cut them into thirds and add it to the bowl.
- When using the cherry tomatoes cut in half if preferred and add it to the bowl.
- Cut up the green onions the bulb (white part) and half of the top or chive part (green part), pending on how much onion you like, then put it into the bowl.
- Take three-fourths of the bag of Doritos and put it into another bag (i. e. an old loaf of bread bag or Ziploc bag) and crunch them up into about a third of the size of a full chip but you don’t want all small crumbs for chips, then add them to the bowl.
- Then take your prepared hot meat and add that to the bowl.
- Finally add about three-fourths of the bottle of Catalina Dressing and mix all the ingredients up till coated with dressing.