This is great for big get togethers or for potlucks. Also you can substitute lean ground turkey instead of beef for a healthier dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing (16 - 18 fl.oz.)
- 1 bunch green onion (scallions)
- 1 -2 big tomatoes or 1 (8 ounce) package cherry tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) bag nacho cheese plain Doritos
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives (regular size)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1Brown the ground beef or turkey, drain.
- 2Add taco seasoning as package instructs.
- 3While the meat is browning clean and tear up the leaves of the head of lettuce and add it to the bowl the taco salad will be served inches.
- 4Add the bag of shredded cheddar cheese.
- 5Slice black olives into halves or thirds depending on how you prefer them (or if you have some one who wants to pick them out) then and add them to the bowl.
- 6Cut up the tomato in to quarters and then halve them and cut them into thirds and add it to the bowl.
- 7When using the cherry tomatoes cut in half if preferred and add it to the bowl.
- 8Cut up the green onions the bulb (white part) and half of the top or chive part (green part), pending on how much onion you like, then put it into the bowl.
- 9Take three-fourths of the bag of Doritos and put it into another bag (i. e. an old loaf of bread bag or Ziploc bag) and crunch them up into about a third of the size of a full chip but you don’t want all small crumbs for chips, then add them to the bowl.
- 10Then take your prepared hot meat and add that to the bowl.
- 11Finally add about three-fourths of the bottle of Catalina Dressing and mix all the ingredients up till coated with dressing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.9
- Calories from Fat 446
- Total Fat 49.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 1002.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 19.8 g