Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A one stop meal, all you need is a salad. This casserole has evolved through out the years, depending on who's eating it and suggestion they have made. Very kid friendly and will become one of your repeats. Enjoy
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 small diced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2-1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) canof sliced black olives
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (6 ounce) packages cornbread mix
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Brown ground chuck with diced onion and garlic drain if needed.
- add taco mix as directed on package, mix well.
- add the corn, black beans, sliced olives and salsa. Add the water if it's too dry.
- add salt to taste if needed.
- When all is mixed well set aside and let cool a bit.
- Mix one package of corn bread mix as directed, adding the 1/3 cup of sour cream, spread in a 9x13 baking dish.
- In cooled beef mixture mix in 1 cup of cheese, pour mixture over corn bread batter in baking dish.
- Mix second package of corn bread mix as directed, add the remaining cup of cheese and the green chili(I have added bits of sun dried tomatoes to this, makes it pretty), spread on top of meat mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Serve with extra sour cream and cheese, a nice salad and dinner is done.