Lee from New Mexico's Note:
A one stop meal, all you need is a salad. This casserole has evolved through out the years, depending on who's eating it and suggestion they have made. Very kid friendly and will become one of your repeats. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 small diced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2-1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can of sliced black olives
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (6 ounce) packages cornbread mix
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Brown ground chuck with diced onion and garlic drain if needed.
- 2add taco mix as directed on package, mix well.
- 3add the corn, black beans, sliced olives and salsa. Add the water if it's too dry.
- 4add salt to taste if needed.
- 5When all is mixed well set aside and let cool a bit.
- 6Mix one package of corn bread mix as directed, adding the 1/3 cup of sour cream, spread in a 9x13 baking dish.
- 7In cooled beef mixture mix in 1 cup of cheese, pour mixture over corn bread batter in baking dish.
- 8Mix second package of corn bread mix as directed, add the remaining cup of cheese and the green chili(I have added bits of sun dried tomatoes to this, makes it pretty), spread on top of meat mixture.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- 10Serve with extra sour cream and cheese, a nice salad and dinner is done.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Pie
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.2
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 1651.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 37.7 g