Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
My family loves this recipe (even my 4 and 2 year old!). I created this recipe when I started Weight Watchers. Hubby likes all ground beef and I like all Boca Meat (meat substitute). If you use Boca Meat 2 shells is only 3 Points. I love to freezer cook as well so make 2, one for now and one for later
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to directions Add cream cheese; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour. Cook pasta according to directions.
- Drain and toss with butter (a couple of teaspoons to keep the shells from sticking). Fill each shell with about 3 tablespoons of meat mixture.
- Place 12 shells in a greased 9" square pan; cover and freeze for up to 3 months. To prepare unfrozen shells: spoon salsa into a greased 9" square pan.
- Top with shells and taco sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and chips; bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and onions.
- To prepare frozen shells: Thaw for 24 hours and cook as above.