2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My family loves this recipe (even my 4 and 2 year old!). I created this recipe when I started Weight Watchers. Hubby likes all ground beef and I like all Boca Meat (meat substitute). If you use Boca Meat 2 shells is only 3 Points. I love to freezer cook as well so make 2, one for now and one for later
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to directions Add cream cheese; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until melted, stirring occasionally.
- 2Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour. Cook pasta according to directions.
- 3Drain and toss with butter (a couple of teaspoons to keep the shells from sticking). Fill each shell with about 3 tablespoons of meat mixture.
- 4Place 12 shells in a greased 9" square pan; cover and freeze for up to 3 months. To prepare unfrozen shells: spoon salsa into a greased 9" square pan.
- 5Top with shells and taco sauce.
- 6Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 7Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and chips; bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 8Serve with sour cream and onions.
- 9To prepare frozen shells: Thaw for 24 hours and cook as above.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Filled Pasta Shells
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 371.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jumbo pasta shells
fat-free cheddar cheese