1/1 Photo of Taco Chicken Soup
4 hrs 15 mins
B-B-Q Man's Note:
A zesty mexican style soup. It is a simple slow-cooker recipe that only takes a few minutes to put together. I got this recipe from a co-worker and then added a couple of touches of my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (32 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large yellow onion, large dice
- 2 (1 ounce) packets lawry's taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- hot sauce (optional)
- green onion, cut thinly on bias (for garnish)
- 1In slow cooker, combine broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, and onion.
- 2Stir in spices, then add chicken.
- 3Cover and cook on LOW 8-10 hours or High 4-6 hours.
- 4Remove chicken and shred or cut into bit size pieces, return to soup.
- 5Add hot sauce if you are using it, or just serve it on the side.
- 6To serve, ladle into soup bowls and your favorite taco toppings.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.2
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 696.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 27.9 g