This recipe is my own creation. It works great with the pre-packaged taco kits. If you like the crust a little softer, add more taco sauce and bake for a few more minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the ground beef with the onion and drain.
- 2Add the taco seasoning and the water.
- 3Simmer until water is cooked away.
- 4Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 5Spray 13x9 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 6Crunch taco shells into pan.
- 7This will be the crust.
- 8Spread beef and onion over taco shells evenly.
- 9Add tomatoes evenly over beef.
- 10Add about 1/2 of the jar of taco sauce.
- 11Spread over tomatoes.
- 12Cover with cheese.
- 13Bake for approx.
- 1410 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 15Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Casserole Surprise
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.5
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 136.4 mg
- Sodium 796.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 39.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: