This recipe offers both appealing taste and texture. Seasonings spice up the filling, and layers of taco shells give it crunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup thick & smooth taco sauce, medium
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained,divided
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (12 count) package taco shells, broken
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato (optional)
- 1/8 cup sliced green onion (optional)
- 1PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- 2COOK beef, onion and garlic until beef is browned; drain.
- 3Stir in water, taco sauce, chiles, 1/4 cup olives and seasoning mix.
- 4Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5LAYER half of broken taco shells on bottom of greased 12 x 8-inch baking dish.
- 6Cover with half of meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- 7Repeat with remaining shells, meat sauce and cheese.
- 8Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- 9Top with remaining olives, tomatoes and green onions.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 705.3
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 136.4 mg
- Sodium 1256.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 39.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco seasoning mix