Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe offers both appealing taste and texture. Seasonings spice up the filling, and layers of taco shells give it crunch.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup thick & smooth taco sauce, medium
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained,divided
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (12 count) package taco shells, broken
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato (optional)
- 1⁄8 cup sliced green onion (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COOK beef, onion and garlic until beef is browned; drain.
- Stir in water, taco sauce, chiles, 1/4 cup olives and seasoning mix.
- Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- LAYER half of broken taco shells on bottom of greased 12 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Cover with half of meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat with remaining shells, meat sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining olives, tomatoes and green onions.
Yummy! The whole house smelled delicious as it was baking! I did not use the olives, my family will not eat them. I also used mild salsa instead of taco sauce. In place of the broken taco shells I used some broken Dorito Zesty Cheese nacho chips, my husband's favorite! Thank you for posting this great and eay to make recipe, I will be making this again!
This recipe was super simple and super yummy. My boyfriend added a lot of hot sauce on top, but it was mild enough for a wimp like me to enjoy. Thanks!
I used nacho chips instead and used only one layer of beef....Very good and very easy! Will make again..