My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak husks according to directions in Basic Tamales.
- 2For tamale dough: Beat lard and salt until fluffy.
- 3Slowly beat in masa mix alternately with water until very light and fluffy.
- 4Add brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg, mixing until well blended.
- 5To assemble tamales: Drain corn husks; pat dry.
- 6Spread 2 tablespoons dough on center of husks, forming a 3 x 2-inch rectangle and spreading completely to right edge. Spoon 1 teaspoon each pecans and raisins lengthwise down center of rectangle. To enclose and steam tamales, proceed according to directions in Basic Tamales.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Tamales
Serving Size: 1 (1191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 91.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 0.3 g