Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Soak husks according to directions in Basic Tamales.
- For tamale dough: Beat lard and salt until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in masa mix alternately with water until very light and fluffy.
- Add brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg, mixing until well blended.
- To assemble tamales: Drain corn husks; pat dry.
- Spread 2 tablespoons dough on center of husks, forming a 3 x 2-inch rectangle and spreading completely to right edge. Spoon 1 teaspoon each pecans and raisins lengthwise down center of rectangle. To enclose and steam tamales, proceed according to directions in Basic Tamales.