A really easy and affordable quick meal that leaves lots of room for individual creativity. This is a big hit with my singer friends when they are sick. Its like a spicy chicken soup. You can also leave out the cheese and chips if you are trying for something light...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree the tomatoes in a blender or food processor.
- 2Pour soup and tomatoes into a stockpot and warm over medium heat.
- 3To serve, top with chips and cheese.
- 4I make this with a number of possible variations-- some good additions are: shredded cooked chicken thighs or breasts, sour cream, black beans, black olives, a can of mexi-corn, sliced avocados, other varieties of cheese, chopped green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.6
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 640.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken and wild rice soup