1/2 Photos of Super Easy Mild Chili
1 hr 20 mins
Auntie Jan's Note:
Easy, low fat, mild faux chili
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (90%-95%)
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 3 (16 ounce) cans Del Monte crushed tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar mild salsa
- hot sauce (Fire In The Hole is good!)
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can sliced olives
- salt and pepper
- 1Brown ground beef in (preheated) large skillet with a little water.
- 2Drain and rinse beef in a colander.
- 3MUST RINSE IF YOU WANT IT LOW FAT!
- 4Leave the colander in the sink.
- 5Put beef in a stock pot.
- 6Rinse kidney beans in the colander.
- 7Mix them with the beef.
- 8Add all other ingredients.
- 9Cook over med-low heat for about an hour.
- 10Stir once in a while.
- 11DON'T LET IT BURN!
- 12Serve hot.
- 13Great with Tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese.
- 14Note: For the best Nachos EVER, Spread finished chili over tortilla chips, top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- 15Place in preheated 400°F oven for 10 minutes.
- 16Sour cream on the side.
- 17You can make this into 2 layers also.
- 18Just add more chips, then chili, then cheese again.
- 19Same cooking time if layered.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Mild Chili
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.2
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 493.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 22.8 g