Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy, low fat, mild faux chili
Make and share this Super Easy Mild Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (90%-95%)
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 3 (16 ounce) cans Del Monte crushed tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar mild salsa
- hot sauce (Fire In The Hole is good!)
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) cansliced olives
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef in (preheated) large skillet with a little water.
- Drain and rinse beef in a colander.
- MUST RINSE IF YOU WANT IT LOW FAT!
- Leave the colander in the sink.
- Put beef in a stock pot.
- Rinse kidney beans in the colander.
- Mix them with the beef.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook over med-low heat for about an hour.
- Stir once in a while.
- DON'T LET IT BURN!
- Serve hot.
- Great with Tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Note: For the best Nachos EVER, Spread finished chili over tortilla chips, top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place in preheated 400°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Sour cream on the side.
- You can make this into 2 layers also.
- Just add more chips, then chili, then cheese again.
- Same cooking time if layered.
This Chili is wonderful.. It is so easy to make, I now make a double batch and then add eggs to it the next morning for Breakfast burritos. Top with a little more salsa.. Yummmm.
Very good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I didn't add the olives. I loved it but of course the rest of the family thought it could have been spicer. They just added more hot sauce at the table. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
I substituted morning star crumbles for the lean ground beef and used fire roasted can tomatoes. In addition to the listed ingredients I Add 1 can of pinto beans, 1 can of refried beans, about 1 tbs of minced garlic, 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and paprika to taste. The chili was fast to make, had great flavor and the refried beans gave it some rich depth. Will make it again.