Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Ridiculously simple. Very tasty. This is on the mild side because Mr. Wonderful likes his food a bit tame. You can easily add jalapenos to turn up the heat.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- sliced pickled jalapeno pepper
- Turn the crock pot on to high while you chop the onions and slice the garlic.
- Dump everything in the pot; cut the meat into 2-3 pieces so the sauce covers everything.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours.
- Degrease the sauce.
- Shred the meat.
- Serve with chopped avocado and a dollop of sour cream, if you like.
This may be ridiculously simply but it is also ridiculously delicious. My husband said give it 10 stars. Followed recipe except I used a pork tenderloin. We made soft tacos with the meat but could be a filling for a variety of mexican fare. Thanks for a great recipe.
Easy and delicious! I did kick it up a little with about 1/4 cup of sliced jalapenos from a jar. That was just enough heat for us. DS rolled his up in a tortilla with Cheddar cheese and sour cream. I was thinking this mixture would be awesome in a chimichanga. Thanks for sharing. *Made for Fall PAC 2008*
I've made this many times, using the exact recipe, and it's wonderful. Leftovers are even better.