1/4 Photos of Super Easy and Yummy Chicken Enchiladas
My sister Shawn is famous for these enchiladas, and her husband Rob makes the killer margaritas to match. My husband and I like them with Sangria. It's the ideal entree for dinner guests because it can be completely prepared in advance. You can substitute whatever meat you have...ground chicken or turkey, steak, shredded pork, Krab, etc. as well as any creamed soups. I was even out of sour cream and substituted fat free cottage cheese which worked fine. Be creative and please share your ideas here!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 4 cups cheese, shredded (whatever kind you like, I usually used a reduced fat Mexican blend inside and pepper jack for the to)
- 1 (4 -8 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package light sour cream
- 8 -10 flour tortillas
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (HOT is best!)
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (Paul Prudhomme's)
- 1Cook chicken with poultry seasoning.
- 2Cool completely.
- 3Shred chicken in food processor. (Steps #1-3 can be done the day before assembling enchiladas.).
- 4Saute onion in a saucepan.
- 5Add chicken, 1/2 of the green chilis and taco seasoning and cook for two minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and add two cups cheese.
- 7Prepare sauce in a medium bowl: combine soup, sour cream and the other half can of green chilis.
- 8In a 9 x 13 pan, place 1 cup of sauce.
- 9Place 1/8 to 1/10 of chicken mixture in each flour tortilla and roll up and place in pan with seams down.
- 10Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle top with remaining two cups cheese. (Steps #1-10 can all be done in advance and keep pan in refrigerator ready to cook.).
- 11Bake at 375 degrees for 20–25 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy and Yummy Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.9
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.3 mg
- Sodium 980.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of chicken soup