These are a sight to see. I originally made them after finding the recipe last year for Halloween and have since changed the recipe around to make them more eater-friendly. The smiles you will receive are priceless! Try to find the widest taco shells possible if you are not making your own. We call them “Johnny 5 Tacos” as they resemble the robot from the movie Short Circuit more than they seem spooky. Kids also love to help prepared these!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 12 taco shells
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tomato, small cubes
- 1 small head lettuce, sliced into small confetti squares
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) canlarge black olives, sliced
- 1 cup cheese, Shredded & Long (cheddar is good, but a Mexican blend would be good too)
- MIX meat and seasoning mix. Shape half of the mixture into 24 (1-inch) balls; place in 15x10x1-inch baking pan and bake at 350 F for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Brown the remaining seasoned ground beef and add salsa.
- Fill each taco shell with a thin layer of ground beef, sour cream, lettuce, and tomatoes.
- Position 2 meatballs inside the taco shell and add a dollop of sour cream to each. Garnish with olives to make “eyeballs.” Spread the cheese out along to the top for stringy hair.