Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From The Grit Cookbook (a vegetarian restaurant in Athens, GA).
Make and share this Spinach Quesadilla recipe from Food.com.
- 20 ounces frozen spinach, thawed or 2 lbs fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh coriander, chopped (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- If using frozen spinach, thaw it and squeeze by hand to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Saute onion in oil until translucent. Add garlic, carrots, corn, herbs, and spices. Saute until vegetables are tender. Reduce heat to low and add spinach. Stir just until the spinach is warm. Set aside.
- Coat a skillet with oil and heat to medium high. Add a tortilla and cover with 1 cup of cheese and 1/4 of the spinach mixture. Fold the tortilla in half when the cheese begins to melt. Turn until both sides are brown. Repeat with the remaining 3 tortillas.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.