Tastier, cheaper, and healthier than the traditional beef with store bought seasoning. If you're not sure about the turkey, go with ground turkey thighs---it's darker, and most people will never know the difference.
- 3⁄4-1 lb ground turkey breast
- 6 -8 taco shells
- 4 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (the more you add the spicier the tacos!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup 2% cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- Whisk together all seasoning ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Brown meat in large skillet. Add seasoning mixture and 2/3 cup water; mix thoroughly.
- Bring to boil, then reduce to low heat. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat taco shells according to package instructions.
- Spoon meat into warmed taco shells.
- Top as desired.