1/1 Photo of Spicy Turkey Tacos
Mims & Squims's Note:
Tastier, cheaper, and healthier than the traditional beef with store bought seasoning. If you're not sure about the turkey, go with ground turkey thighs---it's darker, and most people will never know the difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4-1 lb ground turkey breast
- 6 -8 taco shells
- 4 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (the more you add the spicier the tacos!)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon unbleached cane sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1Whisk together all seasoning ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- 2Brown meat in large skillet. Add seasoning mixture and 2/3 cup water; mix thoroughly.
- 3Bring to boil, then reduce to low heat. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Heat taco shells according to package instructions.
- 5Spoon meat into warmed taco shells.
- 6Top as desired.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Turkey Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 952.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 29.1 g