One dish meal that is wonderful!
Make and share this Spicy Tex-Mex Chicken Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 ounces black beans, rinced and drained
- 10 ounces rotel mexican festival diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- Saute onion in hot oil in a 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans and next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Combine baking mix, egg and milk in a medium bowl, stirring until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup cheese and 1/4 cup cilantro; pour over simmering checken mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in topping comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream.