One dish meal that is wonderful!
Make and share this Spicy Tex-Mex Chicken Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 ounces black beans, rinced and drained
- 10 ounces rotel mexican festival diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- Saute onion in hot oil in a 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans and next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Combine baking mix, egg and milk in a medium bowl, stirring until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup cheese and 1/4 cup cilantro; pour over simmering checken mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in topping comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream.
I'm not sure why this didn't turn out tasting better, especially since we love all of the ingredients. 3 of us didn't finish one serving, but DH seemed to enjoy it, saying it was "pretty good". The cobbler part was too bready, so I'd suggest cutting down on the Bisquick amount and adjust the milk accordingly, like others did. Also, there is no reference to what to do with the other 1/2 cup of cheese. I topped the hot baked cobbler with it, but not sure what its purpose is. Others may enjoy this more.
Yummy! I followed another reviewer's advice and used a little less Bisquick ( used lo-fat variety). DH and I enjoyed a lot and will make again. I love making everything in cast iron!
Delicious!!! - I couldn't find the Rotel with lime juice and cilantro so I used the original Rotel and for some reason no store in my area had any fresh cilantro so I had to make this sans cilantro - but it was a very tasty and easy to make!! will definitely will make this again!! Thanks for sharing