This has a touch of chocolate in this recipe.
Make and share this Spicy Pork Enchiladas With Mole Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Mole Sauce Ingredients
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (1 ounce) semisweet baking chocolate square
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 lb cooked pork, shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese (1/2 cup) or 2 ounces chedarella cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Cool slightly.
- Place mixture in 5-cup blender container or food processor bowl fitted with metal blade.
- Cover; blend 1 minute or until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add onion.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened.
- Stir in 1/2 cup mole sauce, shredded pork and red pepper; mix well.
- Divide pork mixture evenly among tortillas; roll up tortillas.
- Place into greased 13x9-inch baking dish, seam-side down.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.