A spicy leeeeetle salad to serve with a great Mexican meal. Posted for ZWT3. Adapted from a food blog.
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tomato, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook the couscous per package directions.
- Add the cumin, black beans, and chopped vegetables and herbs.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over couscous.
- Toss lightly until well distributed.