This is a great recipe for parties and family gatherings. You can make it as spicy as you like, by changing the type of salsa you use. The best salsa to use is one that is chunky. I serve my dip with corn chips. I got the idea by attending a party where salsa was simply poured over blocks of cream cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whip softened cream cheese in a food processor for approximately 2 minutes, or until fluffy and no lumps are present.
- 2Add salsa and cilantro leaves.
- 3Blend again for approximately 1 minute, until mixture is an even color.
- 4Add shrimp and mix only long enough to incorporate into mixture (over mixing will cause shrimp to break up into small pieces).
- 5Transfer mixture to glass bowl or serving dish and refrigerate for approximately one hour.
- 6Garnish with a few cilantro leaves.
- 7Serve chilled with corn chips.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Cream Cheese and Shrimp Dip
Serving Size: 1 (976 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.6
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53.0 g
- Saturated Fat 33.2 g
- Cholesterol 166.3 mg
- Sodium 1484.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: