Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great recipe for parties and family gatherings. You can make it as spicy as you like, by changing the type of salsa you use. The best salsa to use is one that is chunky. I serve my dip with corn chips. I got the idea by attending a party where salsa was simply poured over blocks of cream cheese.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups of fresh salsa or 2 cups grocery store deli salsa
- 2 cups of cooked bay shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Whip softened cream cheese in a food processor for approximately 2 minutes, or until fluffy and no lumps are present.
- Add salsa and cilantro leaves.
- Blend again for approximately 1 minute, until mixture is an even color.
- Add shrimp and mix only long enough to incorporate into mixture (over mixing will cause shrimp to break up into small pieces).
- Transfer mixture to glass bowl or serving dish and refrigerate for approximately one hour.
- Garnish with a few cilantro leaves.
- Serve chilled with corn chips.