I have a large family so this recipe is going to make enough to feed 5-6 people. It is easy, but no low fat. This recipe can be made vegetarian as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 large chicken breasts
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 2 cups cooked spanish rice
- 1 (6 ounce) can corn
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies (optional) or 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can salsa (optional)
- 30 egg roll wraps
- 1 (16 ounce) package of shredded cheese, i like sharp cheddar cheese
- sauces for dipping may include sour cream or salsa or guacamole
- 1cook your chicken breasts whole (boil, bake or fry).
- 2cook your spanish rice.
- 3cut up cooked chicken breasts against the grain to shred it.
- 4put chicken in pan with taco seasoning cook as directed on packet.
- 5in a big mixing bowl combine chicken, cheese, cooked rice, black beans, and corn.
- 6heat crisco over med-high heat.
- 7wrap mixed food in egg roll wrapper.
- 8fry until golden brown. the only thing you are cooking is the outside, the inside is already cooked.
- 9serve with dipping sauces for appetizer or main dish.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 336.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked spanish rice